How we handle your personal information
Your privacy is important to us
We know that how we collect, use, exchange and protect your information is important to you, and we value your trust. That's why protecting your information and being clear about what we do with it is a vital part of our relationship with you. Please note that during the course of our relationship with you, we may tell you more about how we handle your information. When you receive this further information, please consider it carefully. Please also visit our website regularly as we update this policy from time to time.
Profresh imports and distributes fresh cut flowers. Profresh is bound by the Privacy Act and the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs), upon which this policy is based.
Information we collect
We collect information about you and your interactions with us, for example when you request or use our products or services, make a purchase, phone us or visit our websites. When you use our website or mobile applications we may collect information about your location or activity including IP address, telephone number and whether you’ve accessed third party sites. Some of this website information we collect using [Cookies].
Some of this information that we collect is only collected when it is knowingly and voluntarily submitted by you. We collect the following personal information:
- customer name, address, contact details (including phone, fax and email) and trade references;
- names and addresses of the directors, proprietors and owners of corporate customers and any personal guarantors, which are collected as a part of our credit application processes; and
- credit card details.
As part of creating an account with us, we collect personal information about you in order for you to take full advantage of our services. To do this it may be necessary for you to provide additional information to us as detailed below.
Registration is completely optional. Registration may include submitting your name, email address, address, telephone numbers, option on receiving updates and promotional material and other information. You may access this information at any time by logging in and going to your account.
How do we use your information?
We collect, use and exchange your information so that we can:
- establish your identity and assess your customer account application
- fulfil your requests for products and services
- perform the necessary credit checks in accordance with our credit application processes
- market our products and services (including direct marketing)
- price and design our products and services
- administer our products and services
- manage our relationship with you
- contact you
- conduct and improve our businesses and improve the customer experience
- comply with our legal obligations and assist government and law enforcement agencies or regulators
- identify and tell you about other products or services that we think may be of interest to you.
We may also collect, use and exchange your information in other ways where permitted by law.
Personal information is used by Profresh for its legitimate business purposes, as disclosed at the time of collection. It is also used for ancillary purposes such as locating and identifying you and for servicing our relationship with you. Your contact details may also be used by us for the purposes of sending marketing correspondence to you. If you don’t want to receive direct marketing, you can tell us by contacting us at email@example.com or on 1300 PROFRESH.
Profresh undertakes not to sell, rent or trade personal information. We will not disclose personal information to third parties for them to market goods and services to you.
A cookie is a small amount of information sent from a web server to your computer when you use our website. This information does not personally identify you. It simply tells us what areas of our website your computer has visited. It also tells us if you have selected a product and put it in your shopping basket, it does not tell us your personal identity unless you are registered with us. Our websites utilise cookies to provide you with a more convenient shopping experience, such as remembering your login name and password, purchase history and maintaining items in your shopping cart if you leave the site before checkout.
Who do we exchange your information with?
We may engage third parties to provide you with goods or services on our behalf. In that circumstance, we may disclose your personal information to those third parties in order to meet your request for goods or services. We will not otherwise use or disclose your personal information unless the use or disclosure is authorised under the Australian Privacy Principles. Some examples of where use or disclosure is authorised under the Australian Privacy Principles are:
- Use or disclosure is required or authorized by or under law
- Use or disclosure is necessary to prevent a threat to life, health or safety
- Use or disclosure is necessary to investigate suspected unlawful activity, to prevent or detect a criminal offence or seriously improper conduct
- Use or disclosure is reasonably necessary for the conduct of or preparation for court proceedings; or
- You have consented, either expressly or impliedly, to our disclosing the information about you.
Keeping your information secure
Profresh is committed to keep secure the data you provide us and we will take all reasonable precautions to protect your personal information from loss, misuse or unauthorized access or alteration. Our policy is that transmission of credit card details is through an encrypted channel (https), encrypted using a minimum of 128-bit encryption and 256-bit AES where your browser supports it.
Accessing, updating and correcting your information
We will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to keep secure any information which we hold about you, and to keep this information accurate and up to date. If, at any time, you discover that information held about you is incorrect, you may contact us to have the information corrected.
Making a privacy complaint
We accept that sometimes we can get things wrong. If you have a concern about your privacy (including credit-related matters), you have a right to make a complaint and we’ll do everything we can to put matters right
For more information about privacy issues in Australia and protecting your privacy, visit the Australian Federal Privacy Commissioner's web site; http://www.privacy.gov.au/.